|Pre-blocking as usual:)|
Rib - 6mm
Main body - 6.5mm
I wanted to make this top for sometime but I wasn't keen on the Rowan colours apart from white and I have only just made a white jumper. However - when I saw this purple passion in Wendy Supreme Cotton I just had to order it and make it work. I ordered 16 balls but I only used 11. I think a nice chunky scarf will ensue at some point.
Marie Wallin - Eos
Length - 62cm
Chest -124 cm
Length to sleeve 41cm
Adaptations to pattern
I did the 3rd size and changed the needles to 6.5mm.
- 16 rows 2x2 = 10cm rib.
- I decreased for the arms at 1 pattern repeat plus 10 rows.
- The shoulder decrease was done at 1 pattern plus 44 rows. (22,23,22)
- The neck shaping was altered. (27,13,27)
- It was done at 1 pattern plus 32 rows.
- Decrease 1 st at neck edge on next 5 alt rows.
- K3 rows - Row 44
- Shape shoulder as per back.
- 30 sts 2x2 12 rows.
- Increase 5sts on last row.
- Change to st st and 6.5mm.
- Increase 1 st each end of 3rd row.
- Increase 1 st each end 6th row x 4.
- Increase 1 st each end 8th row x 4.
- Continue to 46 cm - 5 more rows.
- Cast off 2 sts at beginning of next 2 rows.
- Dec 1 st each end next row.
- Dec 1 st each end to 43 sts.
- Dec 1 st each end of next row = 41sts.
- Cast off
- Use 6mm circular needle.
- Pick up along back 8/23/8
- Pick up along front 22/13/22
- = 96sts
- 2x2 rib - work 1 row.
- On next 6 rows dec 4sts (1 each side of shoulder line).
- Work 1 row
- Cast off